For the third year in a row, I had the chance to visit the ‘Expo Manger Santé et Vivre Vert’ that is held every year around this period in Montréal, Québec City and Sherbrooke. Once again, I was not disappointed, and I feel like reviewing my experience for you.
What is Manger Santé et Vivre Vert?
As per their website, the mission of the Expo is:to promote healthy eating, ecology and natural health. I could not have said it better.
They continue: ‘[Expo Manger Santé wants to] increase awareness about the importance of our eating habits and lifestyles in regard to our health and the environment.’
The event is definitely not only about food: while healthy eating and organic agriculture (with brands such as Savoura, organic tomatoes, and O’Garden, a greenhouse for your home) are probably the main focus of the event, themes such as ecology, cosmetics, fitness and therapeutic products and services are also covered.
If your target is to improve your lifestyle, you can definitely find a great amount of inspiration by walking along the aisles! Oh, and did I mention it? Many of the products are local: made in Québec!
Where is the Expo held, how much does it cost and what do you get for your money?
The event is taking place this weekend (from the 15thto the 17thof March) at the Palais des Congrés in Montréal (Place D’arme Metro Station). The entrance ticket costs approximately 15$ (well, we are MBA students so for us it was a little bit cheaper 😉 ). For this price, you get access to more than 350 exhibitors, 150 speakers and some activities and contests. But this is not all: while you are walking through the various stands, you get to try a lot of the products on display. So beware: do not eat too much before your visit, as there are plenty of delicious samples to taste! If this was not sufficient, you also get the chance of purchasing the products at an often discounted or tax-free price. You did not bring a bag with you? Not to worry: Bio-K (one of the sponsors of the event) gifts you with a reusable and handy bag!
Oh, I almost forgot! You can buy your tickets on-site, but I totally recommend you purchase them in advance online to avoid the queue.
What I enjoyed most.
First of all, I was really pleased to see that the Expo has grown so much in the past 3 years. The first time I visited I was very impressed by the number of stands and products on display at the event: this time the number of stands felt even bigger, almost overwhelming (in a good way!).
I love the way the organizers optimized the space in the room: some parts of it are reserved to speakers (talks are ongoing, so check in advance if you want to attend a particular one), while the rest of the floor is divided into parallel sections, each allocated to tens of stands in which sellers can display their brands and offer you their tasty samples (don’t be shy: you have got to try them all!)
Here some of my favourites/not-to-miss products:
- Tomatoes and strawberries Savoura: you will be conquered by their sweet taste!
- O’Garden ‘un potager, dans mon salon (a greenhouse in my living room)’: even though a bit expensive, I find their product very innovative. I wish I could afford one for my living room!
- Bio-K probiotics: a very healthy habit for your intestine! I adore their product, and you get a 25% discount if you buy it at the Expo (plus, two coupons of 5$ each for future purchases). Try the vanilla flavour: you will thank me later.
- Gusta: a brand producing tasty vegan sausages and tempeh. One of my favourites as a vegetarian.
- Kariderm: this is a brand of Karité-based skin care products. Let me tell you: my pregnancy would not be the same without their karitè butter and shower gel. Try also their hand cream: delightfully lavender-scented, it leaves your hands so smooth!
- a+ superfruit: maple water-based soft drink to keep you hydrated during your visit. A bit expensive, but really refreshing and enjoyable!
- All the local kombucha brews! OMG! I am so sad that I could not try them this year because of my pregnancy. Do go, and enjoy them a bit also for me. They are so good!
- SOS-cuisine: this is really a personal favourite and also the stand of a friend (hello Cinzia!). Want to know how to eat well, but you always fail in the task? This could be a great starting point for you: SOS-cuisine helps you to retake control of your diet through the creation of personalized weekly menus.
These are only a few examples of the brands you can find at the Expo, but there are so many others that are worth discovering. This event is A+, and I cannot wait to hear which brands you found special and enjoyed most.
I wish you a good time at the Expo: I am certain you will have a blast!
Disclaimer 1: For references to this article, please access through in-text hyperlinks.
Disclaimer 2: this review is based solely on the writer’s opinion. We declare no competing interest, and we received no money nor other in-kind gifts by the brands mentioned in the article.